Look for cornflakes which don't contain malt. If you can't find any, instead use breadcrumbs made with gluten-free bread (home-made or from health shop).
- Recipe makes six servings.
- 1 large or several small sweet potatoes
- 14 ounces corn kernels, fresh, frozen or canned (drained)
- 2 cups gluten-free corn flakes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper and red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup grated low-fat tasty cheese
- ¼ cup sharp Parmesan, grated
- a few pieces of lemon grass
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Boil the sweet potatoes in water containing lemon grass.
- When they're soft, fish out the lemon grass and throw it away.
- Mash the sweet potatoes.
- You need two cups of mashed sweet potato.
- Gently cook onions, capsicums and 2 tablespoons of margarine in a medium saucepan.
- Do not brown.
- Stir in corn and sweet potato and half the cornflakes.
- Blend all together and put in greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle over the top in this order: remaining corn flakes, Parmesan cheese and grated tasty cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for about 45 minutes until nicely browned on top.
- Reheats well.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.